Mujgule wins spot in national finals
Indraneel Mujgule posted a gross score of 83 and walked away with the winners’ trophy and a spot in the national finals of the 19th MercedesTrophy at the picteresque Oxford Golf Resort on Thursday.
Pune: Indraneel Mujgule posted a gross score of 83 and walked away with the winners’ trophy and a spot in the national finals of the 19th MercedesTrophy at the picteresque Oxford Golf Resort on Thursday.
The tournament this year marks the auto major’s 25th year of operation in India and the national opener to the annual flgaship golf property of Mercedes-Benz.
Kanwaljit Singh with a distance of 13 feet and 4 inches won the ‘Standard Chartered Closest to Pin’ Contest, on the third hole while Abhijit Gangoli with a distance of 9 feet 4 inch won the ‘Mercedes-Benz Closest to Pin in 2 shots’ contest on the 10th hole.
With a drive of 234 yards, Suhas Deo won the ‘Ballantines Longest Drive’ contest, while Raghav Agarwal won the ‘Mercedes-Benz Straightest Drive’ contest and an opportunity to be one of the lucky ones to have an all-expense paid trip to the British Open 2019 as a Mercedes-Benz guest.
The lucky winner is decided through a lucky draw in the National Finals that is scheduled to be held in Pune in March 2019.
The MercedesTrophy will travel to 10 more cities -Bengaluru, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Gurugram, Noida, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Lucknow before returning to Pune for the National Final.Forty winners will be selected from the qualifiers, which will end on March 17 in Lucknow. The National Final will be played between 27th and 29th March 2019 in Pune and three winners will compete against winners from tournaments played all over the world in the 30th edition of the MercedesTrophy.
- India’s longest running amateur golf tournament
- In 2019 it will be played across 11 cities in India, a one of its kind property of automobile giant Mercedes-Benz.
- The global event would see participation from over 60,000 golfers while India would witness participation from over 2200 amateur golfers.
- Association with Laureus Sport for Good Foundation with MercedesTrophy to continue to raise funds for under-privileged kids.
- Top three golfers from India will qualify to play at the prestigious World Final to be held in Stuttgart in October, 2019.