Pune: SPPU announces 50:50 formula for first, second-year students results
The Higher and Technical Education Department of the state government had formed a committee of Vice-Chancellors of all universities to find a solution for declaring results of students.
Pune: The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has announced that the first and second-year examination results for degree and post-graduate courses will be declared based on a 50:50 formula. Students will be awarded grades based on 50 per cent internal assessment and 50 per cent previous semester marks.
The coronavirus outbreak has affected the examinations and results declaration schedule of all colleges and universities in the state. The Higher and Technical Education Department of the state government had formed a committee of Vice-Chancellors of all universities to find a solution for declaring results of students. This committee recommended to the state government that barring the final year examination, all other examinations should be cancelled and the results for these exams should be declared based on internal assessment and previous semester marks.
The government had accepted these recommendations and a circular about the same was also issued by the Board of Examinations & Evaluation of SPPU. The Academic Council and Management Council of the SPPU have also given its approval for this 50:50 formula.
Mahesh Kakade, Director of Board of Examinations & Evaluation of SPPU said, "Since the academic council and management council has approved the 50:50 formula for assessment of first and second-year students, all the affiliated and autonomous colleges should implement the formula for college-level exams. The university has also issued the details regarding this on its website."
What is the formula:
- Performance of student = 50 per cent of Past Performance (PP) + 50 per cent of Internal Performance (IP)
- PP = percentage of total marks obtained in all heads for immediate previous semester (in case of semester pattern) or immediate previous year (in case of the annual pattern). For example: For Total marks 628 out of 900, PP will be 69.78 per cent.
- IP = percentage of internal marks obtained by the student in the current semester or year for a particular subject(s). Internal marks can be obtained from the current performance (regular students) evaluated by the college for even semester or from the history as applicable. For example: For internal marks 14 out of 20 IP will be 70.00 per cent
- Students from First to Pre-final year: Results of fresh students for even semesters (2nd, 4th 6th) will only be calculated. Odd semesters results (1st 3rd 5th) will not be calculated and subjects of these semesters will be carried forward and examination for such subjects will be conducted as and when the situation is favourable to conduct the examination.
- Regular and Repeater students of Final year/Semester: No Examination will be conducted for final year/semester students. Result calculation formulae will be communicated soon.
- Backlog and Repeater students: The result for backlog subjects for even and odd semesters will not be processed. Examination for such subjects will be conducted as and when the situation is favourable to conduct the examination.