Pune: Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has warned that the second wave of coronavirus infections may come sooner and that citizens and administration should not be complacent over the declining number of COVID-19 cases in the city and state. Patients will be admitted in the hospital from Tuesday (August 25).
"World over we have experienced that after the first wave of Covid-19 cases, the second wave comes sooner and we should be vigilant about it. We should not be complacent now because of the declining number of COVID-19 cases. That is why we are creating more healthcare facilities like the jumbo hospital at COEP ground," CM said.
CM Thackeray inaugurated the jumbo hospital facility set up at the College of Engineering Pune (COEP) ground on Sunday virtually. He praised the efforts of civic and district administration as well as the agencies appointed to complete this work within a very short time. Thackeray also appealed Punekars' to take extra precautions during the monsoon season and the ongoing Ganeshotsav to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Mayor Murlidhar Mohol, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Pune Divisional Commissioner Saurabh Rao, Pune Police Commissioner Dr K Venkatesham, Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) Commissioner Suhas Divase, District Collector Dr Rajesh Deshmukh, Pune Municipal Commissioner Vikram Kumar, Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Commissioner Shravan Hardikar, Additional Municipal Commissioner of Pune Rubal Agrawal, Deepali Designs Managing Director Vinay Mittal was present on the occasion. MP Supriya Sule, MLA Chandrakant Patil, Madhuri Misal, Siddharth Shirole, Sunil Kamble, Dr Neelam Gorhe attended the program virtually.
Features of COEP Jumbo Hospital
• Patients from Pune city, Pimpri-Chinchwad city, Rural District area will benefit
• Total 800 beds hospital of which 200 are ICU beds and 600 are oxygenated beds
• Spread over 32 thousand square metre area of COEP ground, the hospital is of 13 thousand square metre size
• Equipped with the liquid oxygen tank and reserved oxygen cylinders
• Proper ventilation for clean and pure air ensured with low-pressure air conditioning systems
• Management Centre, Laboratory, Medical store, accommodation for doctors, canteen, parking facilities provided
• Special facilities at patient admission area especially for the differently-abled patients are provided
• Hospital area divided into red and green zones for visitors and patients