Pune: Pune district, the epicentre of novel coronavirus is witnessing a toll of new COVID-19 cases. With relaxations on the lockdown, many activities are permitted in the Unlock 4. Now, the Pune district administration has issued new directions for the wedding ceremonies in city and rural areas.
The new directives are in line with the guidelines issued by the Maharashtra government which came up a few days ago as part of 'Mission Begin Again'.
These new orders for wedding ceremonies have been announced by Pune District Collector Rajesh Deshmukh. It mentioned the citizens and the Marriage hall owners to ensure strict enforcement of social distancing regulations at the venue. Also, no more than 50 guests will be able to attend the wedding, including cooks, waiters and performers.
Also, the organisers of the wedding ceremony should film the video of the event and submit it to the concerned jurisdiction police station within the next five days. It is also mandatory for the organisers to give the list of those present for the event to the nearest police station as per the orders of the District Collector.
Police Patil, Gram Sevak, Talathi and the police should visit the venue and ensure that the rules are being followed. If the rules are not followed, the team should lodge a complaint with the police, the order adds.
THE NEW RULES
- A maximum of 50 people can attend the wedding ceremony. Guests are required to keep a distance of six feet from each other.
- A list of 50 people (including photographers, videographers, music performers, presenters) should be submitted to the local police station, as well as all the invitees (priest, waiters) should wear face masks.
- Alcohol, gutkha, pan masala is prohibited. Eating and spitting these foodstuffs at the event will be a punishable offence.
- Air conditioning system cannot be used at the event venue.
- Chairs, tables, kitchens, dining areas, washrooms should be well sanitised regularly.
- In case of violation of rules at the venue, the wedding hall, lawns or another place where the event is held will be closed immediately.
- The CD of the wedding ceremony should be submitted to the local police station within five days after the event.