Pune: The Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) will be launching its e-Health Card scheme for inpatient patients as well after the out-patient department of Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial (YCM) hospital has successfully managed the patient's data since 2011.
Sapna Tambe from Ravet said, "There is no need to take out the case paper after going to the YCM hospital of the Municipal Corporation. All you have to do is give the health card to the concerned staff, tell them about the illness and take the token. After checking accordingly, a prescription is obtained. This eliminates the need to wait in line. Health cards have been used well for the birth of both my daughters and for other ailments."
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced the implementation of the 'National Digital Health Mission' project. PCMC's e-Health Card project is also an important part of the central government's National Digital Health Project. This will radically change the country's healthcare services as it will create a citizen health database. It will be convenient to use the data for research purpose in the medical field.
Nilkanth Poman, Chief Information and Technology Officer of PCMC said, "Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation has got information of patients, from the outpatient department of YCM hospital, in digital format through the e-Health Card initiative. It is being used by the PCMC to implement various health schemes. We are also planning to collate such digital data from other hospitals in phases."
Benefits of e-Health Card
• Includes information on the patient's illness and the medication prescribed by the doctor
• The patient does not have to save any documents
• Patient information available to medical officers at a click
• Maximum number of patients can be examined and treated in the outpatient department
What is in the e-Health Card?
• Blood reports, X-rays, sonography, CT scans, MRI etc
• Integration of e-health card system with laboratory and various radiology equipment
• Accurate report of patient examination received immediately
• Accurate diagnosis and easy medical treatment
Future plans for e-Health Card
• Facility to include inpatient information in e-Health Card system soon
• Patients will be able to view their health information at home anytime through the dashboard facility
• Information about appointments for further treatment or re-examination can be given through e-mail or SMS
• The e-Health Card system will be implemented in other hospitals of the corporation in phases
e-Health Card at a glance
• Total outpatients: 8,39,106
• Services offered: 6,54,777
• Total tests: 53,44,271
• Radiology tests: 4,83,704
• Prescription given by doctors: 20,60,565
• Outpatients since April 2011: 38,25,686
• Total Clinical Reports: 8,24,703