Pune: Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture (MCCIA) in association with Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD) has arranged a webinar on 'Creating New Opportunities for the Food Sector in the Middle East and the UAE.'
The webinar is free to all and prior registration is required to attend it. The webinar has been scheduled for Tuesday (August 25) morning at 10.30 am to 12.30 pm. Interested people can register for the webinar on https://www.mcciapune.com/events/events-detail-page/680/, MCCIA has informed.
Highlights of the webinar:
• Food Sector in the GCC/ME - a narrative on emerging trends
• UAE food security strategy and programs
• Initiatives and incentives for the food sector in Abu Dhabi
• Creating New Opportunities for Food Sector in the Middle East and the UAE
• Investment opportunities in agriculture and food Industry
A statement issued by the MCCIA said, "As the UAE is actively developing its policies and strategies to enable the growth and sustainability of its food industry to support its national food strategy, Abu Dhabi has taken a leading role in developing critical infrastructure, needed to support the food industry growth and strategy. KIZAD therewith offers an integrated eco-system and platform to engage with suppliers, off-takers and service providers through a unique cluster-based approach."
KIZAD is the integrated trade, logistics and industrial hub of Abu Dhabi. It has multimodal connectivity via sea, air, road and rail networks and is located near Khalifa Port. KIZAD's world-class infrastructure provides the necessary internal transportation, as well as water and electrical power at a competitive rate.
• Khalid Al Marzooqi, Commercial Director, KIZAD
• Majed Bin Kamal, Senior Project Manager, UAE Food and Water Security Office
• Krishna Dhanak, Executive Director, Alpen Capital
• Mansoor Al Marar, Head, Food Cluster, KIZAD
• Sultan Khamis Alwheibi, Investment Division Director, Abu Dhabi Agriculture and Food Security Authority