Pune LPG blast: Five hurt in fire at Balewadi restaurant

ST CORRESPONDENT
Monday, 13 April 2020

According to the fire brigade, the incident took place around 7.20 pm near Balewadi High Street.

PUNE: Five workers of Hippie @ Heart restaurant in Balewadi sustained burn injuries after the restaurant caught fire on Saturday night. They are undergoing treatment at a private hospital.

According to the fire brigade, the incident took place around 7.20 pm near Balewadi High Street.

Due to lockdown, the restaurant was closed. However, the workers stayed there. An LPG cylinder blast caused the fire due to leakage. The impact of the blast was such that the shutter and furniture were thrown out on the road.

Police officials reached the spot and rescued the injured workers. Police Constable Amar Shaikh rushed them to the hospital on a bike. The fire brigade team also reached soon and doused the fire.

 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Dasara Chowk, Balewadi, Pune witnessed a series of huge cylinder blasts on 10th April around 9:30 PM. The explosions took place at a small gas filling centre near Dasara Chowk. . . There were multiple explosions in a series of 8-10 blasts, said the localities. The fire brigade officials arrived soon after the information was received, and defused the flames. . . No one was injured in the incident. The fire brigade officials arrived right on time and got the situation under control. . The gas filling centre was illegal, and according to the localities, many shops near the unauthorised LPG centre were damaged due to the fire. . . #balewadicylinderblast #blast #explosion #cylinder #blasts #fire #viralvideos #viral #news #viralnews #blastvideo #Sakal #SakalNews #SakalTimes #balewadi #pune #Maharashtra #India

A post shared by Sakal Times (@sakaltimes) on

 

Senior Police Inspector Anil Shewale, In-charge of Chatuhshrungi police station said that the five workers are undergoing treatment at Surya Hospital in Pune.

Meanwhile, an FIR has been registered against the owner of Namrata Gas Agency where an LPG cylinder explosion caused a fire on Friday night. Five other shops were gutted due to the fire near Dasara Chowk in Balewadi. Soon after receiving the information, fire brigade officials reached the spot and doused the fire.

Police have arrested the man who had given the land on rent for the gas agency which was operating sans valid government approval.

Related News

​ ​