Pune: Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) Vice-Chancellor Dr Nitin Karmalkar has said cyber experts need to fight technological disruptions in sectors like defence, banking, education, economics, business and other fields.
Dr Karmalkar said, "Data security has become more important in every sector. The use of technology in defence, banking, education, economics, business and other fields is increasing day by day. On the other hand, these sectors are facing issues like cyber-attacks, hacking and other technological disruptions. To overcome these issues, we require more cyber experts."
Dr Karmalkar was speaking at the virtual launch of bachelor course in 'Cyber & Digital Science' at the Suryadatta International Institute of Cyber Security (SIICS) in Bavdhan. Air Marshal Bhushan Gokhale (Retd), Anupam Bhatnagar, General Secretary of Gesia IT Solutions, Prof Dr Sanjay Chordia, Founder & President of Suryadatta Group of Institutes, Sachin Itkar, Advisor, Dr Shailesh Kasande, Executive Director at SGI, Prof Dr S. Ramchandran, Prof Dr Pratiksha Wabale, Prof. Sunil Dhadiwal and others attended the event.
Dr Karmalkar further added, "People not much aware of data security and cybersecurity issues. In the last few years online frauds, cyber-attacks, hacking incidents have increased. In the new education policy, the Government has taken care of solution-based education to fight against technological disruptions. It is important that a special graduate course on cyber-security is started in Pune. It will create capable cyber experts."
Key members of the cyber advisory council formed for this course are:
• Lt Gen Dr D B Shekatkar - Professor Emeritus
• Air Marshal Bhushan Gokhale (Retd) - Faculty, Department of Defence, SPPU
• Dr Deepak Shikarpur
• Advocate Rajas Pingle - Cyber Law Expert
• Sandeep Gadiya - Cyber Crime Investigator and Cyber Forensic Expert
• Dr Harold D'costa - President of Cyber Security Corporation
• Advocate Jayshree Nangare - Founder and Director, Cyber Law The solution
• Advocate Prathamesh Bhangade
• Advocate Preeti Kale:, High Court Advocate