Pass percentage of Pune division drops by 1.58 pc

ST Correspondent
Thursday, 31 May 2018

Pass percentage of 89.58 pc as against 91.16 pc last year

Pune: This year the passing percentage of Pune division in the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination dropped by 1.58 per cent. Pune division reported overall pass percentage of 89.58 per cent this year as against 91.16 per cent last year. Pune district has a pass percentage of 89.84 per cent this year.

Laxmanrao Apte Junior College has a pass percentage of 98 per cent with 15 students securing marks above 90 per cent, 76 students in first class and 109 with distinction. Sir Parashurambhau (SP) College obtained overall pass percentage of 93.52, with 92.60 per cent in Science, 91.15 per cent in Arts and 96.22 per cent in Commerce. 

Abeda Inamdar Junior College for Girls has overall pass percentage of 95.42 per cent, with a pass percentage of 98.24 per cent in Science, 91.60 per cent in Commerce, 98.68 per cent in Arts and 100 per cent in HSC vocational.

In Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s College of Commerce (MMCC), out of 240 students in Science stream, 98.54 pc passed. In Commerce out of 550 students, 98 per cent and in the vocational wing, 89.27 per cent of students out of 120 passed. Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce has a pass percentage of 98.77 pc while out of 570 students, 321 have distinction and 178 have first class. Anglo Urdu Boys Junior College of Arts, Science and Commerce has an overall pass percentage of 80.18 per cent.

Symbiosis Society’s College of Arts and Commerce has overall pass percentage of 93.61 per cent, with 96.55 per cent have passed in Arts and 93.26 per cent in Commerce. Fergusson College has a pass percentage of 97.53 pc in Science and 99.17 pc in Arts this year.

College toppers
Samruddhi Phatak at 97.54 pc topped in Arts at Fergusson College. She is a state-level athlete and has won a bronze medal. “I never followed any particular pattern but was consistent in studying throughout the year. I feared Mathematics for which I solved practice papers. I want to pursue economics,” said Phatak.

Vaishnavi Sardeshmukh from BMCC, who is also a Kathak dancer scored 95.38 pc in Commerce. “I was regular in studies from April 2017. After prelims, I only solved practice papers and question papers. I want to pursue chartered accountancy. I could not have scored this much without Kathak. I continued Kathak practice even during boards,” said Sardeshmukh.

Rishabh Agarwal from City Pride School who scored 94.31 per cent in Science said, “I made a timetable at the beginning which helped me. Initially, I studied for 4-5 hours every day but from January I studied for maximum hours. I had Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) mains also, but from January I focused on boards exams. I want to do BTech in Computer Science or Information Technology. I like music and dance to 
counter stress.”

How Pune Division Fared
- Number of students who scored above 90 per cent – 798
- Number of students who benefited with sports marks – 547
- Science pass percentage – 96.76
- Arts pass percentage – 77.22
- Commerce pass percentage – 90.71
- MCVC pass percentage – 83.75

Related News