Pune: The Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) has declared the dates of its diploma examination late on Friday evening. Around 85,000-90,000 of the final year students of diploma in engineering and diploma in pharmacy (DPharm) will be appearing for the examination which will start from July 9.
On Thursday, MSBTE had held a meeting with the academic committee. Following their recommendations and decisions, the board has issued the schedule for examination, stated MSBTE director Vinod Mohitkar in the circular.
These are All India Council of Technical Education and non-AICTE courses which are affiliated to MSBTE only. Final year students from over 800 colleges affiliated to these courses will appear for the examination.
According to an official, the board had conducted a survey post-lockdown to review how much portion of the courses have been completed. Based on the survey, it was stated every college had finished 90 percent of its syllabus, whereas they had continued their classes online to complete the rest of the curriculum as well. But MSBTE has decided to keep the syllabus for examination up to 90 per cent only which was covered before lockdown. The official also stated that the term-end was around on March 26.
The director has also stated that the rest of the students will be graded on their previous academic year and to be promoted.
Mohitkar also stated that the examinations will be held maintaining social distancing at the centre. Also, if there are any further changes regarding the examination, then students will be notified accordingly, as and when the decisions are taken.
- Re-opening of diploma institutes | June 15 (tentative)
- Pre-examination activities | Upto June 30
- Submission of non-theory e-mark sheets by institutes | Upto June 30
- Declaration of results of students other than final year/semester | Upto July 15
- Conduct of examination of backlog subjects of final year/sem students by the institutes | July 1-8
- Conduct of examination for final year students | July 9 onwards
- Declaration of results of final year/ sem | First week of August
- Commencement of the academic year 2020-21 for freshers (first-year diploma) | September 1
- Commencement of classes other than freshers | August 1