PUNE: From taking green initiatives for cleaning Pune city to initiating cold milling for brown rice, from data science to fuel sensors, many successful entrepreneurs who have implemented their skills in the business world will be awarded by the Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture (MCCIA) on December 5.
MCCIA Director-General Prashant Girbane and MCCIA President Pradeep Bhargava announced the winners for 2019 awards during a press conference on Tuesday.
The MCCIA annual award was instituted seven decades ago to encourages Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and large corporates.
The awards have been instituted by trusts such as GS Parkhe award which is given for innovation and new product development, while RJ Rathi award is given for green initiatives. BG Deshmukh award is given for the corporate social responsibility, Kiran Udyojakta Puraskar is given for first-generation successful entrepreneurs, while the Ramabai Joshi award is given for women entrepreneurs.
The award ceremony will be held at Bal Gandharva Rangmandir on Thursday and Abhay Firodia, Chairman of Force Motors will be the chief guest, while Vikram Sathaye, a stand-up comedian will be the guest of honour.
The award consists of a trophy, medal and cash prize.
The GS Parkhe award was instituted in 1947, while Ramabai Joshi award and Hari Malini Joshi awards were instituted in 1974.
RJ Rathi award was introduced in 1995, while BG Deshmukh award for CSR was given first in 2009 and the latest edition was added in 2015 with prestigious late Kiran Natu Udyojakta Puraskar.
2019 AWARD WINNERS
- MCCIA Late Kiran Natu Udyojakta Puraskar (First generation innovator): Ashutosh Gokhale, Director, Oilmax System Pvt Ltd and Yatin Tambe, MD, Friction Welding Technologies Pvt Ltd.
- Ramabai Joshi awards (women entrepreneur): Ujwala Gosavi, Climber Systems and Preeti Raskar, Ryka Engineering Solutions
- BG Deshmukh Awards (CSR): Krishanan Komandur, CEO, Adar Poonawala Clean City Initiatives; Sapna Rathi, Executive Director, Windsor Shelter; Ritu Chhabria, Trustee, Mukul Madhav Foundation.
- GS Parkhe Awards (Innovation): Prashant Pansare, Inteliment Technologies Pvt Ltd; Subodh Joshi, MD, Suviron Equipment Pvt Ltd and Vijay Deshpande, CMD, Sam Integration Pvt Ltd
- RJ Rathi awards: Sunil Naik, Director, Jabil Circuit India Pvt Ltd and Pramod Vadiya, Member of Jabil Circuit India Pvt Ltd.