FIR filed against Burger King

ST CORRESPONDENT
Tuesday, 21 May 2019

Man hospitalised after eating burger having glass shards

Pune: An FIR has been registered against the manager and other staff of Burger King, FC Road branch, after a 31-year-old man had to be hospitalised after eating a burger, which had glass shards in it.

Autorickshaw driver Sajit Pathan from Wadarwadi has lodged the complaint in this regard with Deccan Gymkhana police station.
 Police have registered a case for offences under sections 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 34 (an act done with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code.  Now, he has been discharged from the hospital.

According to Pathan’s statement, the incident took place at around 3 pm on Wednesday. Pathan along with his three friends had gone to the fast food restaurant. As soon as he ate the burger, he started coughing and soon there was blood in his mouth. When he and his friends checked the burger, they found pieces of glass in it.  The woman staff also checked and found pieces of glass. Pathan was rushed to a hospital on FC Road, and from there he was taken to another hospital where he was admitted in ICU. He had to spend about Rs 35,000 on his treatment. 

Senior Inspector Deepak Lagad is investigating the case.
Speaking on the issue, Burger King spokesperson said, “Burger King adheres to highest standards of food safety and controls. We follow stringent quality processes and all our products undergo multiple checks. We treat all guest complaints with utmost importance. We are investigating this complaint and cooperating with the authorities.” 

​ ​

Related News