Pune: 'Janata Curfew' or voluntary lockdown for eight days (July 9 to 16) will be observed in 28 villages - including Information Technology (IT) hub Hinjawadi-Maan-Marunji - by citizens in Haveli and Mulshi taluka of Pune district. Considering the mood of the citizens amid rising COVID-19 cases in these villages, the district administration has now issued orders prohibiting vehicular and citizens' movement in these areas.
Sub Divisional Officer Sachin Baravkar has issued the lockdown orders on Wednesday evening. These orders will be implemented from July 8 midnight to July 16. IT companies and construction sites are permitted to operate. IT company employees should carry their identity cards along to gain access in the area.
Mulshi taluka has recorded more than 100 COVID-19 positive cases so far. As a precautionary measure, villagers from Pirangut, Nande, Chande and Sus village came together and decided to call for voluntary lockdown. Action will be taken by district administration against violators of the lockdown orders.
What is prohibited?
- Citizens movement for the non-essential purpose
- Essential services like milk, vegetables, grocery shops will remain open from 10 am to 2 pm
- Those permitted to enter the containment zone will be screened first
- Details of persons entering containment zones to be recorded
- All citizens staying in containment zones to install Aarogya Setu app on their mobile and use it regularly
- Senior citizens with 65 years age or above, persons with comorbidities and children below 10 years of age shall stay at home. They will be allowed to step out only for essential and medical reasons.
- ATM centres will remain open for 24 hours
- Banks to remain open from 10am to 2pm
- If only one or two COVID-positive patients are found, then those companies will continue to function
- Persons coming in contact with COVID-positive patients should be tested, but the entire company or establishment need not be closed down
* If patients are found in any particular society, then only that building will be sealed as a micro containment zone.
Lockdown in Hinjawadi
Hinjawadi village head Aarti Waghmare and Marunji village head Poonam Buchade said that the strict lockdown will be implemented in Hinjawadi region from July 9 to 16. 'IT companies and construction sites are exempted from this lockdown,' they informed.
Haveli Taluka Containment Zones:
- Manjari Budruk
- New Kopare
- Wadachi Wadi
- Loni Kalbhor
- Manjari Khurd