PUNE: With assembly elections round the corner, various citizen forum across the city have expressed their opinion that only a transparent and accountable government, which can enable good governance in the city, should come to power.
A detailed discussion was held recently in the city and citizen forums from NIBM, Kondhwa, Aundh, Baner, Pashan, Chakan and all other areas of the city participated in the deliberations.
This discussion had speakers like Vivek Velankar, Vijay Sagar - President, Akhil Bhartiya Grahak Panchayat, Suhas Patwardhan - President, Pune District Cooperative Housing Federation, Vice President - Maharashtra State Co-op. Housing Society Federation Ltd, Sudesh Raje - President, Pimpri Chinchwad Cooperative Housing Societies Federation, Vishwas Chavan, Head - ABGP Dhanori Branch, Yuvraj Pawar, Chairman - Dear Society Welfare Association, Ravindra Sinha, ABGP Baner Pashan and Sudhir Deshmukh - Legal Committee, Pimpri Chinchwad Cooperative Housing Societies Federation.
“In the elections, the actual issues of citizens get lost. It is the responsibility of elected representatives that they should bring laws and rules that cater to the people or if there were any changes required in any rule, it should be done. We as citizens, discussed issues that affect us and we will present our manifesto to political parties and also elected representatives,”said Yuvraj Pawar, one of the programme organisers.
This citizen manifesto will deal with the issues of malpractices in the real estate sector, amenities such as waste disposal, water supply, encroachment issues etc.
ISSUES DISCUSSED AT THE MEETING
- Improvement in effective implementation of RERA as consumer groups was not included in the panel. Therefore, the arbitration works in the favour of builders.
- Improving the Maharashtra Co-op Societies Act.
- Essential services to societies by the government like adequate water supply, garbage management, footpath, roads etc.
- Amendment of Maharashtra Apartment Ownership Act and Maharashtra Ownership of Flat Act.
- Grievances systems such as PMC Care, Aaple Sarkar, PCMC Sarathi do not provide completion details and all-round feedback. There is no such system for PMRDA region, Wagholi and Hinjawadi.
- Disciplinary action should be initiated against officials having the unsatisfactory report.
- Appointment of ward committee should be done by citizens and not politicians.