Case filed against MSEDCL officials

ST CORRESPONDENT
Wednesday, 22 May 2019

A month after the shocking incident of a three-and-a-half-year-old boy losing his limbs due to electrocution, officials of Bharati Vidyapeeth police station have booked the house owner and officials of Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co Ltd (MSEDCL) for putting the life of the boy in danger as the boy was electrocuted when he came in contact with a live metal bar.

Pune: A month after the shocking incident of a three-and-a-half-year-old boy losing his limbs due to electrocution, officials of Bharati Vidyapeeth police station have booked the house owner and officials of Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co Ltd (MSEDCL) for putting the life of the boy in danger as the boy was electrocuted when he came in contact with a live metal bar.

The boy identified as Aditya Gaikwad was playing on the terrace of his relative’s house when the incident took place. As per Bharati Vidyapeeth police officials following the incident, the boy was rushed to a hospital where the doctors took a decision to amputate all his limbs for his safety. Aditya’s limbs were amputated on April 24 and he is under observation now. The transformer, located just next to the house, is quite massive in height. After the incident, the family has complained to the police and also to the MSEDCL. 

Speaking about the incident, Executive Engineer of MSDECL Madhusudan Barkade, Padmavati division, said that the owner of the house had left some metal bars unattended on the terrace which might have come in contact with the transformer leading to the incident. The complaint in the case was lodged by Ganesh Gaikwad, father of the boy. Ganesh, a tailor by profession stays in Bopodi. Assistant Police Inspector V Kesarkar is investigating the case.

​ ​

Related News