Bare minimum transport services in city today
Passenger train services have been cancelled while local and inter-city bus services from Pune has been kept at a bare minimum on Sunday in support of the janata curfew proposed by PM Narendra Modi.
Pune: Passenger train services have been cancelled while local and inter-city bus services from Pune has been kept at a bare minimum on Sunday in support of the janata curfew proposed by PM Narendra Modi.
The Railways has suspended 120 trains running on Sunday under Central Railway, of which 43 trains were from Pune junction.
Apart from this, the Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (PMPML) has decided to run only 25 per cent buses while Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) will run buses if required.
The Railways has decided to run only 14 local trains between Pune and Lonavla, but all passenger trains running in the division will be cancelled.
The trains that have been cancelled include Pune-Delhi Darshan Express, Pune-Hyderabad Shatabdi Express, Deccan Queen, Pragati Express, Sinhagad Express, Kolhapur-Hyderabad Express, Pune-Danapur and Pune-Jammu Tawi Express.
Chief Public Relation Officer (CPRO) of Central Railway Shivaji Sutar, said, “Keeping in view the janata curfew on March 22, Central Railway has decided to cancel all originating mail/express trains from 4 am to 10 pm on Sunday. Also, all passenger trains including MEMU, DEMU on Central Railway from midnight to 10.00 pm on March 22 will remain cancelled. In case of suburban trains, approximately 1,100 suburban trains on Mumbai division and 15 suburban trains on Pune division will run on March 22, which is approx 60 per cent of the total number of trains on Mumbai division.”
One-fourth of pmpml force
- 25 per cent PMPML buses will be made available on Sunday for Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) and Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) employees of water supply, sanitation workers, electricity department, Police, hospital staff and staff of other essential services, as well as family members of patients.
- All bus pass centres in Pune and Pimpri
- Chinchwad will be closed on Sunday.
- From Monday onwards, only PMC, Swargate and Pune station pass centres will be open.
- All rules for e-ticket remain the same as passengers do not need to come to the station.
- This relaxation is for the journey period from
- March 21 to April 15.
- In case of trains cancelled by Railways for journey period March 21 to April 15, the refund across the counter can be taken on submission of ticket up to 45 days from date of journey. (Instead of an existing rule of 3 hours/72 hours).
- If the train is not cancelled and the passengers do not wish to go ahead with the journey, the TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) can be filed within 30 days from date of the journey at the station.