Pune: The KC Mahindra Education Trust announced on Tuesday (July 14) that the K.C. Mahindra Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies Abroad has been awarded to 55 students this year. The interviews for the scholarship were conducted online this year considering COVID-19 outbreak situation.
The shortlisted candidates include 23 graduates from IITs while the others are from several premier educational institutes including BITS Pilani, National Law School, Lady Shri Ram College, St. Xavier’s College, St. Stephens and Sir JJ College of Architecture. They will be pursuing their post-graduation in subjects like Computer Science, Engineering, MBA, Architecture, Design, Law, Public Policy and Economics.
The total applications received this year were 1,246. After evaluation, 90 candidates were shortlisted for the interview which was conducted by a selection committee of nine members. In 2019, a total of 1,331 applications were received out of which 62 candidates were awarded the scholarship.
Commenting on the scholarship program, Anand Mahindra, Chairman of Mahindra Group said, “The ongoing pandemic has significantly disrupted the higher education sector, which is a critical driver of a country’s economic future. Despite these unprecedented times, we were able to facilitate the programme for students through virtual interviews. I hope that each one of our scholars uses this unique opportunity to not only pursue their educational goals but also creates a positive future impact on the communities in which they live and work.”
- Interest-free loan scholarships to deserving students.
- A maximum of Rs 8 lakh per scholar, awarded to the top 3 KC Mahindra fellows.
- A maximum of Rs 4 lakh per scholar, awarded to remaining successful applicants.
- Candidates having a First Class degree or equivalent diploma from a recognised University are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates must have secured admission or have applied for admission in foreign universities for courses commencing from August 2020.