Pune: Addressing party workers on Tuesday, Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar said that in order to bring India and Maharashtra out of the coronavirus crisis, we have to create a million-strength army who would dedicate themselves for social work for the next one year. The coming year will be marked as a special year in the history of the party, Pawar said on the eve of 22nd foundation day of the party.
NCP was founded on June 10, 1999. Pawar chose to address party workers through social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. He outlined the future programs and initiatives which the party will undertake in various sectors like Agriculture, Industries, Employment Generation, Women Empowerment, etc.
Pawar also applauded the efforts taken by Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Health Minister Rajesh Tope, Home Minister Anil Deshmukh, Food and Urban Supplies Minister Chagan Bhujbal while handling the coronavirus outbreak. Tope, Deshmukh, Pawar, Bhujbal ensured that the spirit of citizens and police remained high in the fight against the pandemic.
Pawar also mentioned leaders and party workers who left the party in the greed of power and lucrative posts. He did not forget to appreciate the ground-level workers who are taking tireless efforts for the growth of the party. Pawar appealed to party workers to avoid extravagant ceremonies, functions or publicity and instead organise blood donation camps to celebrate the party's foundation day.
Pawar said, "After the corona crisis, the Nisarga cyclone has hit regions like Kokan very badly. The agricultural sector in some districts has been completely destroyed. We have to focus on this sector in these cyclone-affected areas."
"Jayant Patilhas devised the Booth Committee scheme on an organisational level. In the State, every legislative assembly constituency has 300 booths. In every booth committee, there is one person-in-charge and ten booth committee members. Through these committees, we can create a network of 10 lakh active workers who would be warriors of the NCP," Pawar added.
NCP'S PRIORITY PLAN
- Rural development minister Hasan Mushrif will look into rural agronomy, farmers issues, self-sufficient villages and other programmes.
- Member of Parliament Supriya Sule and Vandana Chavhan will look into urban issue, especially Municipal Corporation areas of the State in which initiatives will be planned on issues related to urban livelihood.
- Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Water Resources Minister Jayant Patil will plan for employment generation and industrial growth in the State.
- MP Faujiya Khan, Supriya Sule and Women's Wing President of NCP Rupali Chakankar will undertake initiatives for women empowerment.
- The student's wing of the party and party members who own or run education institutes should plan educational programs and initiatives.
- Chagan Bhujbal and Nawab Malik will guide the program development work for minorities, OBC and social justice departments.
- The doctor cell has done excellent work during the coronavirus outbreak and will continue to do so under the guidance of Rajesh Tope and Jagannath Shinde.