Pune: State Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad inaugurated three online educational channels ‘Dnyanganga’ on Jio TV on Sunday. Marathi and English medium school students of Class 10 and students of class 12 for science stream can access educational content on these channels. Apart from these three channels, nine other channels will soon be launched, said Gaikwad during the online launch of Jio Dnyanganga.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak in the country, schools have been asked to remain shut. Government has maintained that even if schools are shut, students should not be deprived of educational content and hence as an alternative option, online education is being explored.
As a part of this initiative, Jio Dnyanganga channels for class 12 students of science stream and class 10 students of Marathi and English medium schools have been launched. Apart from these channels, Gaikwad also inaugurated the MahaVani radio program on the Jio Saavn channel.
Gaikwad announced the launch of these channels through her twitter handle. The Education Department has said that efforts are being taken to deliver textbooks to students directly at their home and its planning is in the last stage. The State Council of Educational Research and Training has issued an educational calendar which will help students to plan their self-education.
The Education Department has also stated that independent 24-hour channels will be started for each student of each standard. Crores of citizens have a Jio phone and mobile internet connection through which they can access educational content. Audiobooks will also be made available on JioSaavn soon.
BROADCASTING EDUCATIONAL CONTENT
- Everyday lectures will be broadcasted for 6 hours on the three Jio Dnyanganga channels
- For the remaining 18 hours, there will be repeat telecast of these lectures
- The timetable for these lectures will be announced soon
- Nine other educational channels will be launched soon
- Channels for class 10 students of Urdu medium, Class 9 students of Marathi, English and Urdu medium, Class 8, 7 and 6 students of Marathi, English and Urdu mediums and Class 4 and 3 students of English, Marathi and Urdu medium schools will be launched soon.