Shiv Sena leader and Editor of Saamana Sanjay Raut is irritating BJP leaders by making critical remarks against them. The Shiv Sena and BJP are squabbling over portfolios and the chief minister’s chair. Raut is the only man from Shiv Sena who is grabbing the headlines of newspapers every day after the assembly election results were announced.
Raut, believed to be close to party president Uddhav Thackeray, has been running the BJP down at press conferences and even claiming that the Sena can form a government on its own.
While talking to Sakal Times, Raut alleged that the BJP is lying over the pre-decided formula of power sharing.
- Why Sanjay Raut is getting angry?
It is not my anger, it is the people’s anger. The whole state is angry with them (BJP) and I am only expressing it. That’s it.
The BJP is refusing to accept the formula, that was decided before the election and said there nothing has been decided.
It means they are proving our leader (Uddhav Thackeray) a liar. Their stand over power sharing made the Shiv Sainiks angry and I am the medium to express it.
- What will be the next move?
BJP has to decide what to do next. We are firm on our demand. They are largest party in state and they have to take a call.
- Is it possible that the Shiv Sena will form a government with the help of NCP and Congress?
We are not decided yet, but this may be the next option which is open for us.
- The government’s tenure is ending on November 9 and if the government cannot be formed till that date, then President’s rule will be imposed. What do you feel as a politician and senior journalist?
The BJP wants President’s rule but we will not allow it. There will be some solution in the next few days.
- Do you think the BJP is adamant about power sharing?
The BJP contested the election by misusing government agencies.
After the election, the voters have shown them that this won’t work any more. The mandate clearly indicated that they were fed up with this type of politics.
- What would be state’s next political scenario?
The State’s next chief minister will be from Shiv Sena.
The decision on Maharashtra will be taken in Maharashtra and the chief minister will be from Shiv Sena.
The politics of Maharashtra is changing. Our fight is for justice and we will win.