Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL) has now allowed consumers to submit their electricity meter readings within five days instead of the earlier 24 hours deadline for those whose monthly power consumption was not recorded by the agency appointed by the company.
MSEDCL has introduced a centralised billing system through which customers can submit their electricity meter readings by using a mobile application. Usually, representatives of an agency appointed by the MSEDCL go house to house and take readings of the electricity meters to record the monthly consumptions of the customers. This reading is taken on a fixed date from 1st to 25th day of the month. This date is also mentioned on the consumers printed electricity bills along with the meter number.
MSEDCL had also given the facility to its customers to voluntarily submit their meter readings one day prior to this fixed date of recording the meter reading by the agency. MSEDCL sends a reminder SMS to all customers 24 hours before the date during which the meter reading needs to be submitted mandatorily. Now, this limit has been increased to five days.
Ankush Nala, Zonal Director of MSEDCL said, "If the customer sends a KWh reading of the meter and a photo of the reading accordingly, the monthly bill will be prepared according to the readings sent by the customer instead of the readings taken by the agency representatives."
This is how you can submit a meter reading
* Download the MSEDCL mobile app
* Register mobile number with MSEDCL along with your consumer number
* Click on 'Submit Meter Reading' in-app, then mention the meter number
* Photo should be taken only after the date and time and the number of readings and kWh (excluding KW or KVA) is visible on the screen.
* Manually submit reading in the app.
* Meter readings can be submitted directly after logging in to the mobile app.
* While submitting the meter reading as a guest, the OTP number received on the registered mobile has to be mentioned.
*Customers who want to upload photos and meter readings from the www.mahadiscom.in website are required to register and log in with the consumer number