Pune: If you are looking to register your rental agreement anytime soon, now there is no need to go to the sub-registrar office or another service provider for it. In a recent development, even the 'online process' which involves webcam and biometric device scanning has been simplified.
All you have to do is visit the website of the Department of Registration and Stamps and complete the process through your mobile phone.
In a recent development, the state revenue department has sent a proposal to the housing department, to consider the filing of rent agreements instead of registering it through mobile devices.
Accordingly, section 55 under the Maharashtra Rent Control Act of 1999 will be amended and the citizens can then file their rental agreement through their mobile device while staying at home.
At present, the tenant or house owner has to pay a stamp duty of 0.25 per cent, and a registration fee of Rs 1000, for a property, in an urban area. The cost for rural areas, Rs 500 is the cost. Apart from these expenses, the tenant or owner need not pay any other charges for the agreement filing process.
Every year, four to five lakh rental agreements are registered in the state. But, usually, citizens tend to avoid the time-consuming registration process and save money too. Due to this, the state government has to bear revenue loss. To avoid this, the revenue department has submitted the mobile filing of an agreement proposal.
Talking about the development, Omprakash Deshmukh, Inspector General of Registration, "For registration of Leave and License agreement, citizens have to visit the sub-registrar office or go to any other authorised service provider. In order to save time and money of the citizens in this process, we have undertaken the new initiative."
ADVANTAGES OF MOBILE FILING
- Simplest way to file your Leave and License agreement
- No need of webcam or biometric (fingerprint) scanner
- Saves time and money
- No need to visit sub-registrar office or another official service provider
- You can renew your rental agreement easily, after the tenure is over
THE PROCESS TO 'FILE' RENTAL AGREEMENT
- Visit the website (http://igrmaharashtra.gov.in/) of Department of Registration and Stamps
- Under the Leave and License section, fill the application
- Once the tenant and owner submit their Aadhar number, an OTP (One-Time-Password) will be sent on their mobile devices.
- No need to submit photo or fingerprint (biometric) data