MUMBAI: Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari assured that the government will resolve maximum problems and challenges before the State. In his speech in the Assembly, he said the government will give justice to Marathi-speaking villages in Karnataka and create maximum jobs for youths. He said the government is committed to farmers getting the right prices for their products.
“The government is committed to protect the Constitutional rights of Marathi-speaking people of 865 villages claimed by the State in the Maharashtra-Karnataka border. The government will take a firm stand and strive to get justice in the matter pending in the Supreme Court,” he added.
“Climate change is the big challenge and the government will implement remedial measures to minimise its harmful effects. The government is committed to provide immediate assistance to the farmers who suffered due to unseasonal rain,” said Koshyari.
“The agrarian crisis and farmers’ distress needs immediate attention. The government shall take steps to free farmers from debt,” the Governor stated, adding, “My government shall undertake appropriate measures to ensure remunerative prices for farm produce to reduce agrarian distress.”
“The rising unemployment among the youth is a major concern. The government will try to create employment and ensure speedy delivery of public services. The government shall initiate the process of filling vacant posts of the State government. The government will enact a law to ensure 80 per cent reservation in private sector jobs for sons of the soil,” he added.
“The government recognizes the need to impart skills to the youths. The government will try to provide fellowship to the educated unemployed youth,” he said.
“Women’s safety shall be the highest priority and the government shall take all necessary steps for the same,” he said.
“Education has become costlier and beyond the reach of the common man. The government will strive to provide free college and higher education to girls belonging to economically weaker families,” said Koshyari.
To improve the road condition in urban areas, the government will implement a new scheme on the pattern of Chief Minister Gram Sadak Yojana.
- The government will start super specialty hospitals and medical colleges in all districts.
- Combine health insurance programmes for all citizens in the State.
- To attract investment, there will be fiscal and non-fiscal concessions. The permission process will be simplified.
- All police stations will be linked to national cyber-crime reporting portal.
- To solve the pending questions of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Bhatke, Vimukta Jatis, Dhangar, Other Backward Classes, Balutedars there will be basic necessities of food, clothing, shelter, education, health and employment.
- To celebrate birth centenary year of great writers and performers like PL Deshpande, GD Madgulkar and Sudhir Phadke, the government will organise programmes including workshops on singing, writing and acting, stand-up comedy competition.
- The government will take steps to provide meals at a reasonable rate of Rs 10 per meal.
- The government will implement integrated coastal zone management project for coastal protection, livelihood enhancement for coastal communities and disaster management under the National Clean Air Programme.