Pune: Nearly 2.5 crore students in the Maharashtra state will now be benefitted with free education from Class I to VIII at their homes- via 'Doordarshan' Sahyadri channel in an innovative, activity-based and stress-free manner.
The educational programming, titled TiliMili, will be a series of 30-minute lectures on Doordarshan’s Sahyadri from Monday to Saturday, starting at 7.30 am with Class VIII and progressing to lower classes until the 12.30 pm episode for Class I, students.
Schools are closed from March 14 to avoid the spread of this COVID-19. Though many schools and other institutions have started online classes, a number of students are unable to learn. Children who are underprivileged are unable to bear the cost of internet, mobile and gadgets.
The lectures are based on Balbharati reference textbooks. The Pune-based MKCL Knowledge Foundation which is non-government organisations along with Grammangal, other reputed institutes and experts have come together for this noble cause by experimental education to part stress-free education for children. This will be free of cost.
This program has been given TiliMili name for children education purpose based on the Tilinna and Milinna concept. "The TiliMili series will be based on all the lessons of the first session of the first to eighth-grade textbooks of 'Balabharati', "said Uday Panchpore, Chief Operating Officer, MKCL Knowledge Foundation.
KEY FEATURES OF 'TILIMILI' SERIES
- There will be no consecutive lectures.
- Children will get educational experience through actionable activities that can be done at home.
- There will be a range of small challenges around them.
- Children will have a clean, open, happy environment and emotional security to avoid stress
- One will see how children learn by laughing and playing on their own in every part of the series.
- The parents and guardians will learn with children.
480 EPISODES IN ALL EIGHT CLASSES
Each day one lesson of one subject for each class will be assigned accounting 60 episodes in 60 days. These episodes will be aired on for six days every week from Monday to Saturday. The series, which has 480 episodes in all eight categories, will start on July 20 and end on September 26.
- 7.30 am to 8 am: Class 8
- 8 am to 8.30 am: Class 7
- 8.30 am to 9.00 am: Other programs of 'DD'
- 9 am to 9.30 am: Class 6
- 9.30 am to 10 am: Class 5
- 10 am to 10.30 am: Class 4
- 10.30 am to 11 am: Class 3
- 11.00 am to 11.30 am: Other programs of 'DD'
- 11.30 am to 12 noon: Class 2
- 12 noon to 12.30 pm: Class 1