Cyclone Nisarga is expected to hit Mumbai which is already facing the battle against the novel coronavirus.
As the Nisarga cyclone approaches state coastal line, patients of COVID-19 in Mumbai have been shifted from Bandra Kurla Complex to the COVID centre at Worli. NSCI (National Sports Club of India) centre in Worli has emerged as a safe place for COVID-19 infected patients.
The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) development built NSCI facility. It was handed over to Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) as a COVID Care centre last month. The asymptomatic patients of COVID-19 were asked to shift in NSCI dome.
250 patients have been shifted to the NSCI dome. It has the capacity of accommodating more patients. It is within the massive indoor stadium whereas BKC facility is a field hospital built under a German tent.
Nisarga is expected to make landfall in Maharashtra and Gujarat in the afternoon (Wednesday). According to the guidelines of the Meteorological Department, the government has already deployed the NDRF teams and are ready to battle the cyclone.
The Maharashtra government has signalled the severity of the cyclone to Collectors of all the districts and also urged fishermen to avoid fishing until the further instructions.
NDRF has deployed its six battalions at Mumbai. Considering the crisis of coronavirus, as per the norms, SDRF and NDRF teams are provided with sanitizers, masks and other required materials.
- If anybody is living in an old building, try to move to a safer place
- Remove all the hanging materials in your balconies such as hanging pots, TV antennas and more.
- Check for loose glass materials in your home and fix them.
- Prepare a separate emergency kit with a first aid box. According to the guidelines of NDMA emergency kit should include first aid supplies, battery-operated torch, extra batteries, important papers like ration card, Aadhar card, voter id, drinking water, food supplies like biscuits, etc.
- Charge your mobile phones and power banks.
- Park your vehicles at a safe place.
- Switch off the electricity, gas regulators.