CM Fadnavis unveils new industrial policy
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray launched the State government’s new industrial policy in Mumbai on Tuesday.
Mumbai: Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray launched the State government’s new industrial policy in Mumbai on Tuesday. While releasing the policy, Fadnavis said that this policy will give jobs to youth in their home towns. This policy will also bring the youth, who left in search of jobs, back home.
The Chief Minister also released a book ‘Udyog Vaibhav’ of Industry Minister Subhash Desai. Fadnavis also launched two web portals - Land Acquisition Request portal and Land Acquisition Demand portal -of the Industry Department.
The Chief Minister said that in the last few years, it was seen that Maharashtra was lagging behind in industrial growth and other states had gone far ahead. “In last four years during our regime, Industry Minister Subhash Desai worked hard. Maharashtra is now number one in industry,” he said.
“The average rate of conversion of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in industry is about 30 to 35 per cent at national level, whereas the average rate in the State is more than 45 per cent,” said Fadnavis.
“This has happened only due to efforts of the State government, as the government assured hassle-free and trouble-free investment. We are also trying to facilitate the long-term investors,” he further said.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray said that the policy should be framed to create more jobs. “In this policy, they assured that there will be creation of 40 lakh jobs in next few years, but these jobs should be generated through this policy.,” said Thackeray.
Subhash Desai said that the State government is going to start Indian’s first export council. Piyush Khambata, President of Confederation of Indian Industry, and foreign delegates from various sections were present at the programme.
Highlights of the policy
- To promote micro and small industries, investment limits have been increased and more tax rebate will be available to the industrialists.
- Under Chief Minister’s employment generation programme, 10 lakh new employments will be generated.
- Big and giant projects will get a boost from the government.
- Rs 1,000 crore proposed for development of industries and infrastructure.
- Provision of 25 new food parks and five bio-tech parks.
- Entrepreneurs from scheduled tribes and women entrepreneurs will be promoted on priority basis.
- More focus on industrially backward region.
- 20 new industry zones along with the Samruddhi Expressway
- MAITREE service to be strengthened
- Research and development projects to be promoted.
- Strengthening Maharashtra Industry, Trade and Investment facilitation.
- Special incentives for industries in agro and food processing, green energy, bio-fuel and industry.