Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut will be provided Y-Plus category security, government sources stated on Monday. This comes after actor commented striking remarks comparing Mumbai to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK).
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has been inquired to take over the actor’s security. Officials made clear that the decision was taken after a threat perception was carried out and the Himachal Pradesh government also contacted the ministry. PTI confirmed the decision had been taken because of a ‘renewed threat to the actor after she spoke about drug use among a section in the film industry following the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput’.
On the other side, Kangana tweeted thanking Home Minister Amit Shah.
Kangana condemned Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut for his abusive remarks on her and said that it showed his mentality.
The actress posted a video message on her verified Twitter account on Sunday. In the over minute-long video, Kangana stressed upon the freedom of expression.
"Sanjay Raut ji, you have called me H****khor Ladki, you have abused me. You are a government official, you would know that, in this country, how many girls are getting raped, how many girls are getting abused, they are getting insulted, domestic violence, not every day but every hour. You know who is responsible for all this? It is a mentality like yours," she began.
"Daughters of this country won't forgive you. When Aamir Khan ji spoke about intolerance, no one abused him. When Naseeruddin Shah opened up about it, no one abused him. I have praised Mumbai Police in my past interviews," she said, adding that she has criticised the Mumbai Police after past few incidents, including the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
"That is my freedom of expression. Sanjay ji, I condemn you and your thoughts. You are not Maharashtra. You can't say that I am insulting Maharashtra. Your people are threatening me, still I'll come to Mumbai on September 9. Will see you. Jai Hind. Jai Maharashtra," she added.
(With inputs from IANS)