Pune: The number of COVID19 cases has crossed 700-mark in Pune city. Most patients have been detected in some areas, especially in central Pune.
Now, to stop the rising number of coronavirus positive cases, Pune city police have issued an order to close all shops in areas under ten police stations. Only sale of milk, as well as its door to door delivery, will be allowed for two hours in these areas.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Ravindra Shisve issued the prohibitory order under section 144 of the CrPC on Tuesday night. The order will be in force on Wednesday and Thursday.
“There is a need to put additional restrictions in these areas of the city as COVID19 cases are increasing rapidly there. In the last ten days, many new patients have been found. Therefore, we will allow only the sale of milk and home delivery of milk between 10 am and noon on Wednesday and Thursday. The shopkeeper and people should ensure social distancing and wear a mask; else the police will send them home.
“All other shops including grocery, vegetable and fruit, chicken, mutton, eggs and e-commerce shops and distribution services will be completely closed”, Shisve stated in the order.
The additional restrictions have been imposed in the following areas:
- All areas under Samarth Police Station
- All areas under Khadak Police Station
- All areas under Faraskhana Police Station
- Swargate Police Station: Gultekdi, Maharshinagar, Dias Plot
- Bundgarden Police Station: Tadiwala Road
- Duttawadi Police Station: Janata Vasahat, Parvati Darshan, Shiv Darshan
- Yerwada Police Station: Lakshminagar, Gadital
- Khadki Police Thane: Khadki Bazar, Kasai Mohalla, Patil Estate Slum
- All areas under Kondhwa Police Station
- Wanwadi Police Station: Vikasnagar, Sayyednagar, Ramtekdi, Ward No. 24, Handewadi, Ward No. 26 & 28