Coronavirus Maharashtra Update: Case registered against Navi Mumbai man for breaking home quarantine

PTI
Saturday, 21 March 2020

A case was registered against a 34-year-old man for breaking mandatory home quarantine and leaving house in neighbouring Navi Mumbai on Saturday, the police said.

MUMBAI: A case was registered against a 34-year-old man for breaking mandatory home quarantine and leaving house in neighbouring Navi Mumbai on Saturday, the police said.

The man, a resident of Kamothe area, had returned from Dubai a week ago, said a police official.

While his father tested positive for the coronavirus and admitted to Kasturba Hospital in Mumbai, he himself tested negative for the infection but was nevertheless asked to stay at home for two weeks.

When civic officials visited his house on Saturday afternoon, they found he had gone to Vashi to meet his brother.

He was summoned and a case under IPC section 188 (defying lawful order of a public servant) was registered against him at Kamothe police station, the official said.

He and his other family members, who too had been advised home isolation, were afterwards sent to quarantine centre in Kharghar, the official added. 

​ ​

Related News