3rd COVID-19 death in India: 63-year-old man from Mumbai with foreign travel history

ST CORRESPONDENT
Tuesday, 17 March 2020

MUMBAI: A 63-year-old man from Mumbai who had tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) passed away on Tuesday. This is the third death in India from the global pandemic COVID-19. 

The man, who was a part of the holiday group that had returned from Dubai earlier this month, reportedly had multiple health issues apart from being infected by coronavirus.

MUMBAI: A 63-year-old man from Mumbai who had tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) passed away on Tuesday. This is the third death in India from the global pandemic COVID-19. 

The man, who was a part of the holiday group that had returned from Dubai earlier this month, reportedly had multiple health issues apart from being infected by coronavirus.

The senior citizen, who hailed from the eastern suburbs of Mumbai,  passed away at the quarantine facility of Kasturba Hospital. The patient was initially admitted to Hinduja Hospital, and was later shifted to Kasturba Hospital.

The patient reportedly did not disclose details of his foreign travel at the time of admission in to the private hospital.

His wife is COVID-19 positive and stable.

As of Tuesday morning, the authorities have confirmed that the number of positive cases in Mumbai is six, with three each in Kalyan and Navi Mumbai, and one in Thane.

A statement from the Health Ministry said the total number of cases in India as on Tuesday morning is 125. The earlier two deaths in India had occured in Bangalore and Delhi.

Meanwhile, Rajesh Tope, Minister of Public Health, said that a meeting of representatives from the corporate sector was held on Tuesday in which they expressed readiness to let employees to work from home.

Related News

​ ​