At the first Woman Up! Summit, organised by Siyahi, a literary consultancy, the main long-term goal is to get firms, companies and corporations to pledge to add women to their work-force, and create opportunities for them to work outside of home and from home as well. The idea is to integrate more women to join the workforce and also to re-integrate those who wish to take up work after having taken a hiatus. The CEO of Siyahi, Mita Kapur, speaks on the goals of the summit
Interesting title! ‘Man Up!’ means to be brave and tackle an unpleasant situation. Are you employing the same meaning for Woman Up?
- At Woman Up! 2017, we raise a clarion call for both men and women to Woman Up; to be resilient, strong, courageous and self-motivated.
If that is so, women do already take charge of situations, willingly or maybe they are thrust into such situations. So what else should they Woman Up! for?
- Everybody, regardless of gender, needs to take charge of their life and help those who need encouragement to follow their dreams.
Will you be holding a session on the legal provisions that women need to be aware of — the Vishakha guidelines regarding sexual and molestation, harassment at workplace?
- This year we are focusing on integrating more and more women to join workforce: be it working from home or outside.
Are you inviting HR professionals or corporate honchos to be a part of the summit? Would they be sharing their ideas and views on what they expect from their women employees or the changes that they are planning to make in the physical space of the office — like having more ladies rooms’ or more washrooms etc?
- The main long-term goal of Woman Up! Summit is to get firms, companies and corporations to pledge to add women to their workforce. The idea is to encourage more women to join the workforce and also to re-integrate those who wish to take up work after a hiatus. At the Women At Work zone, participants of the summit can speak to the following achievers about how they can join or re-join the work-force.
- Anupama Kapoor (founder, Reboot)
- Manuj Goyal (entrepreneur)
- Paromita Vohra (film-maker)
- Simmi Sareen (founder, Loans4SME)
- Wendell Rodricks (designer, Author)
- RJ Pooja and RJ Puru
Will you also be taking up the issue of leave on first day/during menstruation cycle?
- For the first edition of Woman Up! Summit, we are focusing on creating awareness about the importance of the work women do and the work they can do.