Woman charred to death while going to hospital
A 44-year-old woman, who was being rushed to hospital after she had complained of chest pain, died due to severe burn injuries after the car she was being taken in, allegedly caught fire near Wakad old octroi post around 1 am on Monday.
Pune: A 44-year-old woman, who was being rushed to hospital after she had complained of chest pain, died due to severe burn injuries after the car she was being taken in, allegedly caught fire near Wakad old octroi post around 1 am on Monday. Her brother, mother and son were saved while she was trapped inside the car as the door had got locked from inside, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Sangeeta Manish Hivale, a resident of Saundarya Colony, Nakhatevasti, in Rahatani.
According to Hinjawadi police, she was living separately from her husband. She worked with a courier firm to support her family. She lived with her son Simon (15) and mother Maya Daniel Borde (65) on the first floor, while her brother John Borde (40) and his family lived on the ground of their house.
Around midnight, she complained of chest pain. Her family members rushed her to the clinic of their family doctor in Wakad but it was closed. They were going to another hospital when Maya got the car stopped to answer nature’s call. While restarting the car, Simon noticed smoke billowing in the back of the car. They came out to check, while Sangeeta remained in the car. As soon as John opened the boot of the car, there was a flurry of fire. They could not take out Sangeeta as the doors had reportedly got locked from inside.
As soon as fire brigade was informed, a team from Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation’s (PCMC) Sant Tukaram Nagar fire station rushed to the spot. They extinguished the fire but by then Sangeeta was charred to death.
Police have begun the investigation in the case. “Our investigation is still continuing. We take action based on the enquiry report,” said Senior Police Inspector Shivaji Gaware, In-charge of Hinjawadi police station.