Vasantotsav will have ‘Bharatiya Baithak’ too
‘Vasantotsav’, one of the most-awaited annual musical festival held in memory of famous classical singer Pandit Vasantrao Deshpande, will be held from January 18 to 20.
Pune: ‘Vasantotsav’, one of the most-awaited annual musical festival held in memory of famous classical singer Pandit Vasantrao Deshpande, will be held from January 18 to 20. However, all the passes for the festival are over. Due to the overwhelming response from the audience, a separate entry will be given to the people who do not have passes. During the festival, a separate ‘Bharatiya Baithak’ (Indian seating area) has been created for such people.
A special screen is organised for the spectators sitting in Bharatiya Baithak as they can enjoy the live performances of the artists and entry for this is based on first come first served basis.
This 12th edition of the music festival will be held at Pandit Farms in Karve Nagar. Apart from classical music, the audience will also have an opportunity to experience the melodious instrumental music, said Convener Rahul Deshpande.
Vasantotsav is organised in association with Sakal Media Group with PN Gadgil and Sons as the title sponsor for this event.
The event is powered by Ravetkar Housing whereas Lokmanya Multipurpose Co-op Society Ltd, Sumadhur, Shri Venkatesh Buildcon and Shri Ramkrishna Oil Mills Lakdi Ghana are the associate partners.
Schedule for Vasantotsav
January 18 (Friday)
- Padmashree Ustad Moinuddin Khan and Momin Khan-Sarangi recital (4 pm)
- Shounak Abhisheki - Classical Vocal (6 pm)
- Begum Parveen Sultana - Classical Vocal (8 pm)
January 19 (Saturday)
- Sapta Shatak - instrumental ensemble by Kamlesh Bhadkamkar (4 pm)
- 3G by Vikku Vinayakram - Percussion (6 pm)
- Rahul Deshpande - Classical Vocal (8 pm)
January 20, (Sunday)
- Jaduchi Peti - Instrumental harmonium ensemble (4 pm)
- Adarsh Shinde - Marathi folk (6 pm)
- Sangeet Sanshay Kallol - Sangeet Natya: Classic Musical(Rahul Deshpande, Priyanka Barve, Ameya Wagh and Deepti Mate) (7 pm)