Two children hurt due to uncovered cable

ST CORRESPONDENT
Wednesday, 25 April 2018

Jalinder Sule (38) has lodged an FIR against Sandip Hanmghar of M/s Sanraj Constructions. According to the police, the incident took place around 9.30 pm on Saturday.

PUNE: Two kids sustained severe burn injuries due to sparks from an electrical cable which was kept uncovered during a road digging work in Ambegaon Pathar. Local residents said that they had lodged a complaint with the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co Ltd (MSEDCL) four times but in vain. After injuries to the children, a road contractor was booked by Bharati Vidyapeeth police station.

Jalinder Sule (38) has lodged an FIR against Sandip Hanmghar of M/s Sanraj Constructions. According to the police, the incident took place around 9.30 pm on Saturday. The company is engaged in road digging work, however, they had left the wire uncovered. There was a spark in the wire and Sule’s daughter Tejaswi (9) sustained burn injuries on both legs and hand. His neighbour Sagar Kolekar’s son Shrihan (8 months) also received burn injuries on the leg. 

Tejaswi’s mother Jayshree said, “Even after repeated complaints to the MSEDCL, no precaution was taken by officials. When sparks increased on Saturday, we called them also but nobody came. Had they taken precautionary measures, the kids would not have to suffer.”

Both children are undergoing treatment and they are out of danger, the police said. The police have registered the case for offence under section 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code.

Related News