PUNE: Officials of the traffic department have suggested diversions and parking arrangements in the city on August 24 and 25 as a large number of people and mandals are expected to take home Ganesh idols from city markets.
The diversions will be applicable from 6 am to midnight. DCP (Traffic) Ashok Morale said, “We will be telecasting short films related to spreading awareness about importance zebra crossing, wearing helmets and follwing traffic rules.”
He said 1,396 traffic police officials including one DCP, four ACPs will be present to manage the traffic during Ganesh festival.”We appeal to people to cooperate with traffic police as traffic flow will be slow as more vehicles will be on roads,” added Morale.
The police said that in case of any emergency, traffic police can close any road and citizens should follow directions given by them. Signboards and digital boards will be used to suggest traffic diversions.
The police have appealed to people to give way to ambulances and vehicles of fire brigade.
ROADS CLOSED AND DIVERSIONS
- Closed roads: Gadgil Putla Chowk to Gotiram Bhaiyya Chowk
- Diversion: People can take left turn from Gadgil Putla Chowk to Kumbharves Chowk and Shahir Amar Shaikh Chowk to reach desired destination.
- Closed road: Kumbharves Chowk to Dengle Bridge, Sathe Chowk to Corporation Bridge, Sathe Chowk to Ration godown.
- Diversion: Vehicles heading from Pune railway station towards PMC can use RTO Chowk and CoEP Chowk.
- Closed roads: Savarkar Putla Chowk to Samadhan Bhel Centre on Sinhagad Road.
PARKING FACILITIES FOR CITIZENS
- One side on Kamgar Putla chowk to Shivaji Putla
- Both sides on Veer Santaji Ghorpade Road to Gadgil Putla Chowk
- Tilak Bridge to Bhide Bridge on river bank
- Minerva and Aryan parking in Mandai
- Phadke Gate Chowki Chowk to Rashtra Bhushan Chowk