SPPU incubation centre selects 11 proposals
Eleven out of 33 proposals have been selected for mentorship and to facilitate infrastructure as entrepreneurship aide by Centre For Incubation, Innovation and Linkages of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Pune: Eleven out of 33 proposals have been selected for mentorship and to facilitate infrastructure as entrepreneurship aide by Centre For Incubation, Innovation and Linkages of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The Incubation Centre at SPPU declared the results of the applications received at the university. A total of 33 shortlisted candidates were invited for pitch presentation on January 5 and 6.
These candidates were evaluated by jury comprising industry promoters, investors, start-up experts and industry professionals Pramod Chaudhari, Anand Chordia and Parag Shah.
A final presentation was done by selected eleven participants to the core committee constituted by the University. “The university will provide support of mentorship and business expertise to launch the product in the market. These 11 applicants will also be provided a space for office and access to resources like laboratory facilities in the university, starting from the first week of February,” said SPPU Innovation, Incubation & Linkage Director Apoorva Palkar.
A list of finally selected ideas of start-ups include actionable insights that would use Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to detect traffic violations, e- Innervation technologies would serve the agriculturists to detect soil moisture, other start-ups are in the area of smart water information and management system, wellness including high accuracy blood group testing device at low cost, nano-biotech herbal product as anti-cancer supplement, home automation, nano materials manufacturing and education technology.
List of selected candidates
- Actionable insights: Sudhir Deshmukh
- Digital Natives: Randhir Naidu
- e-innovation Technologies Pvt Ltd: Chandrakant Borkute
- Opinta Systems: Rajnish Kumar
- Developing sugar free chewing gum: Yogesh Gorakh Bacchav
- Words Maya: Harshad Bhagwat
- Smart water information and management system: Rushikesh Mehta
- Nanobiotech herbal company: Swapnil Kamble and Prem Pandey
- Home automation system: Akshay Kankal
- Low cost rapid and high accuracy blood group testing device: Dr Arun Banapurkar
- Manufacturing of metal, metaloxide nanoparticles: Raut Suyog (PhD Scholar-Physics Department)