Pune: The largest, most colourful and magnificent drawing competition for school children in the nation will be hosted on December 17. So far, 2,000 schools from across Maharashtra and Goa have registered to participate in the competition. This year, over 60 ashramshalas (schools for tribal children) and over 50 schools for special children will participate in this event, which is celebrating its 32nd year.
Those students who have not registered themselves through their schools can directly do so by visiting a nearby centre. They can also register themselves on the website: chitrakala.esakal.com. The participants will have to carry their own colour boxes while Sakal will provide them with drawing papers.
The competition is powered by LuvIt Chocolates, LIC while the associate sponsors are Sri Chaitanya Techno School, Jingle Toons. Its Eye Care Partner is India's Leading Opticians Gangar Eyenation, the Environment Partner is the Maharashtra Pollution Control Board and the Corporate Partner is Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
The state-level winners from each group will receive the first prize of Rs 2,500, the second prize of Rs 2,000 and the third prize of Rs 1,500. Five consolation prizes of Rs 1,000 each will also be distributed. Winners at the divisional-level will receive the first prize of Rs 1,000, second of Rs 750 and third of Rs 500 and five consolation prizes of Rs 250 each.
The winners from the central-level will receive a cash prize of Rs 100 while Rs 75 and Rs 50 for the second and third prizes, respectively, while a certificate each will be given to five participants as the consolation prize. Special children too can participate in the competition.
Instruction for participants
1. Participants must write their name, age, school's name at the back of the drawing papers
2. Draw on the front page
3. To draw, participants can use pencil, crayons, poster colours, colour pencil, acrylic paints, sketch pens and other drawing equipment
4. The subject of the drawing will be given before the competition starts. Any one subject can be taken to make the drawing
5. Participants can use their creativity to make shapes, sizes, etc.
6. Drawing should be original and not a replica of any other drawing
7. The drawing should be completed within the given time
8. Use your imagination and creativity while drawing