RTO decreases fare of AC buses
Pre-paid autorickshaw centres to be set up
Pune: The Regional Transport Office (RTO) of Pune has decided to reduce the fare of air-conditioned buses running Pune airport and Hinjawadi Phase 3. At present, the fare is Rs 180 and it will reduce up to Rs 110. Apart from this, the officials also approved to set up the pre-paid autorickshaw centres at three main places, including Pune Junction, Swargate bus stand and Shivajinagar. The pre-paid booth will be operated under the supervision of Pune traffic police. The decision was taken after a recent meeting with the district collector.
The meeting was held on September 29 under the chairmanship of District Collector Naval Kishor Ram. DCP (Traffic) Tejaswi Satpute and RTO Babasaheb Ajri were also present.
A decision has been taken that the fare of the air-conditioned buses operating between Pune airport to Hinjawadi Phase 3 will be reduced. Currently, the bus fare is Rs 180 and has been reduced up to Rs 110. The officials have also decided to reduce the fare of Katraj to Bhakti Shakti Chowk, Nigdi, Hadapsar to Bhakti Shakti Chowk, Nigdi. The fare of an AC bus ride between Nigdi to Katraj rested at Rs 100 and reduce to Rs 70. The fare of an AC bus ride between Hadapsar to Nigdi rested at
Rs 100 and has been decreased to Rs 70.
In April this year, the RTO and city traffic police had drawn up a plan to start prepaid autorickshaw booths at four locations. Now, the decision was taken to start at three places only and fourth place will be starting soon but the officials have not cleared the actual date. It has been observed that passengers are always being looted by several autorickshaw drivers by not plying by the meter and charging exorbitantly.
“The decision was taken in favour of the passengers. The pre-paid booth will be run operated the supervision of the traffic police at Pune Junction, Swargate and Shivajinagar,” said BI Ajri, RTO Pune.
Better service for commuters
- Pre-paid autorickshaw booths will be opened at Pune Junction, Swargate and Shivajinagar under the city traffic police.
- Reduction in fare of AC buses operating between Pune airport and Hinjawadi phase 3, Katraj to Bhakti Shakti Chowk in Nigdi and Hadapsar to Bhakti Shakti Chowk in Nigdi.
- Autorickshaw meter testing will be done by meter testing organisation.
- To provide the information of autorickshaw and taxi drivers’ licence, permit and badge, there will be a sticker pasted on the vehicles.
- At present, there are 70,000 autorickshaws in the city and it has been decided that after 45 days, the recalibration will be done by the drivers.