Minor fire at historian Purandare’s house

ST Correspondent
Friday, 18 May 2018

According to witnesses, a minor fire broke out after sparking

Pune: A minor fire broke out at renowned historian Babasaheb Purandare’s residence on Thursday at around 4 am. The old wiring near electricity meter of the house caught fire. The employees of Mahavitaran rushed to the house and prevented any untoward incident.

According to witnesses, a minor fire broke out after sparking.

However, due to Miniature Circuit Breakers (MCB) trips, the electricity supply in the household was interrupted and prevented the fire from spreading further. The Mahavitaran officials rushed to Purandare’s house and inspected the entire wiring system. 

“The incident showed that wiring which was insulated 30 years ago was found damaged. The wires might have been damaged by lizards or rats,” said Mahavitaran officials. Sayas Darade, executive engineer Mahavitran said, “We went to Purandare’s house to inspect the power meter and wiring. The request was made to replace the old and insulated poorly wired wiring at this time. Meanwhile, a new electricity meter has been installed at the house and the power supply has been reinstated. Also, the electrical inspector has informed MSEDCL about the incident.”
 

Related News