Pimpri: In Pimpri Chinchwad, a total number of 4,78,787 properties have been registered with the tax collection department of which 1,73, 488 constructions are unauthorised.
Shiv Sena’s corporator Rahul Kalate said that according to Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation’s figures of 2016, there were only 65,000 unauthorised constructions in the city. “So going by latest figures, it is clear that unauthorised constructions have tripled in the last two years,” Kalaate said.
The General Body meeting of Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation was held on Saturday. In this meeting, Kalate had asked questions about rising unauthorised constructions, action against them and property tax collection in the city. A written application was submitted to the administration.
“An amount of Rs 1.66 crore has been spent on the demolition drive of unauthorised constructions in last three years. At the same time, according to an ordinance issued by the State government for the regularisation, Sitaram Kunte committee was appointed. But due to stringent conditions for regularisation, only 56 applications have been received for regularisation of unauthorised constructions,” administration said in a reply.
“Out of which no construction has been regularised so far,” reply formt he administration further stated.
At a glance
- 4,78,787: Total number of properties in Pimpri-Chinchwad
- 3,13,855: Number of authorised constructions
- 1,73, 488: Number of unauthorised constructions
- 1,039: Unauthorised constructions against whom action has been taken from June 1, 2015 to April 30, 2018
- Rs 1.66 crore: Money spent on taking action
- 56: Number of applications received by PCMC for regularisation. None have been approved.