Givaudan opens state-of-the-art flavours manufacturing facility

ST CORRESPONDENT
Friday, 8 February 2019

Givaudan, the world’s leading flavour and fragrance company, on Thursday officially inaugurated a new flavours manufacturing facility in Pune.

Pune: Givaudan, the world’s leading flavour and fragrance company, on Thursday officially inaugurated a new flavours manufacturing facility in Pune.
 
The plant is the company’s largest investment in India and is also amongst the top five of the 50 manufacturing plants across the globe. 

The plant is designed to deliver a superior level of flavour and taste solutions in powder and liquid form.
 
The new 40,000-square-metre facility will enable Givaudan to meet growing demand from customers in the food and beverage and healthcare segments. 

The new facility will complement the company’s existing plant in Daman, strengthening its capabilities in liquids compounding, powder blending, emulsions, process flavours and spray drying for the India, Nepal and Bangladesh markets. Givaudan expects to employ about 200 people at the new site.

Givaudan’s Chief Executive Officer, Gilles Andrier who was present for the inauguration of the plant in Ranjangaon MIDC, said, “We are delighted to open this world-class flavours manufacturing facility in Pune as the latest example of Givaudan’s long-term heritage and commitment to India and our strategic focus on the high-growth markets of Asia- Pacific. We have about 120 smell experts and 400 taste experts who provide us the expertise required in the field.” 

“Our new plant will enable Givaudan to collaborate even more closely with our customers to deliver differentiated solutions and great taste experiences to the dynamic Indian market. Givaudan has about 25 per cent of the market share and is a dominant player in flavours and fragrance manufacturing.”

He further said that currently, the share of fragrance amounts to 46 per cent and the rest 54 per cent is flavours across the globe and the trend is almost similar for India.

“About 2/3rd of our products fall under natural category and the remaining are under the nature-identical category. Although, the natural category products are expensive, we have observed people are ready to pay for these products. “Speaking at the launch Givaudan’s APAC Commercial Head, Flavours, Monila Kothari, underlined the growing importance of the Indian market. Monila said, “Over the last few years, there has been tremendous growth in the food and beverage industry in India and we have seen sustainable growth in this market.”

 “Given this rapid transformation, we need to be agile to address the needs of these markets and this new manufacturing facility in India is designed to cater to this.”

Speaking about some products of Givaudan, Monila said that in the snacks category, the company has masala products, in biscuits, they have different flavours like butter flavour and Mango flavour in beverages.

The opening ceremony was attended by Givaudan top management including Chief Executive Officer Gilles Andrier and President Flavour Division, Louie D’Amico, alongside dignitaries and regional management members.

Related News