Fire breaks out at Kwality Restaurant; no casualties
“There were about eight employees inside the restaurant. Six of them had already come out while we managed to get two of them out. From the preliminary enquiry, we suspect a short circuit to be reason behind the fire,” said Sameer Shaikh
PUNE: Workers of Kwality Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlour, adjacent to Kayani Bakery in Camp, had a miraculous escape after a fire engulfed the inside of the restaurant in the wee hours of Saturday.
The property has been under litigation between landlord Kayani Bakery and the tenant restaurant for over a decade. The landlord wanted the property back while the tenant wanted to retain it. A civil court had ruled in favour of Kayani Bakery in 2013 and the restaurant owner had challenged the order, which was dismissed in February this year.
According to Pune Fire Brigade officials, the fire broke out around 4.30 am. “There were about eight employees inside the restaurant. Six of them had already come out while we managed to get two of them out. From the preliminary enquiry, we suspect a short circuit to be reason behind the fire,” said Sameer Shaikh, Station Duty Officer at the central fire brigade office in Lohiyanagar. After getting the call, the Fire Brigade had deployed three fire tenders and two water tankers, besides 20 personnel for the rescue operation.
Two cylinder blasts in Padalevasti, Khadki
At around 10.30 pm on Friday, there were two cylinder blasts in Padalevasti on Aundh-Khadki Road. Out of about 50 huts, 20 were destroyed in the fire. As the fire brigade vehicles struggled to go inside, the fire system of the nearby Castle Royale Towers was used to sprinkle water to control the situation.