District administration gets ready for 21 days of Wari
The district administration is gearing up for 21-days of Wari, the annual pilgrimage to Pandharpur.
PUNE: The district administration is gearing up for 21-days of Wari, the annual pilgrimage to Pandharpur.
Pune District Collector Saurabh Rao announced that 606 officers and 6,612 staff members of the district administration are engaged in adding final touches to the preparations.
Sant Tukaram and Sant Dnyaneshwar Palkhis will leave for Pandharpur on June 16 and June 17 from Dehu and Alandi, respectively.
Around 1,200 volunteers of Art of Living will be participating in the cleanliness drive at each of the places of halts. Rao added that Innovation Cleaning System has agreed to provide two machines and ten persons at zero cost in order to keep both the Palkhi routes clean.
Provision of 96,000 litres of kerosene and 26,200 gas cylinders has been made for the pilgrims. Dindi chiefs have been asked to open accounts in the name of Dindi to be able to avail gas subsidy. Milk and sugar supply is adequate to cater to the needs of pilgrims.
- The special mobile application prepared by the administration will be active on June 12.
- Rao shared that the administration has made the provision of 78 tankers for the pilgrims participating in both the processions.
- 130 ambulances will be kept ready on the route of this procession.
- Two fire tenders will accompany both the Palkhis on their respective routes.
- In case of unfortunate incident, the administration has kept hearse vans ready in Pune and Jejuri to address the eventuality in short time.