Complaint filed against sandwich stall owner

ST Correspondent
Wednesday, 16 May 2018

Pune: The fire incident in the transformer located near Zensar IT Park on Ahmednagar Road on May 11 was not due to a short circuit or a blast, says a Mahavitaran report submitted by an electricity inspector on May 14. 

The incident took place due to a fire that broke out at a sandwich stall on the footpath next to the electricl transformer. 
Due to the fire, Mahavitaran suffered a loss of around Rs 2 lakh. A complaint was lodged against the concerned sandwich stall owner at Chandan Nagar police station after the report was submitted on Tuesday. 

Pune: The fire incident in the transformer located near Zensar IT Park on Ahmednagar Road on May 11 was not due to a short circuit or a blast, says a Mahavitaran report submitted by an electricity inspector on May 14. 

The incident took place due to a fire that broke out at a sandwich stall on the footpath next to the electricl transformer. 
Due to the fire, Mahavitaran suffered a loss of around Rs 2 lakh. A complaint was lodged against the concerned sandwich stall owner at Chandan Nagar police station after the report was submitted on Tuesday. 

According to the report submitted by the electricity inspector, “Mahavitran’s 200 KVA capacity transformer was in good condition and it was set up over a plinth. The load on the transformer was only 37 per cent. It was kept inside an iron rod compound. A sandwich stall was stationed only one foot away from the compound. There was a blast in a stove of the sandwich stall, which was under a mango tree. The tree also caught fire, and subsequently, it spread to the transformer.” After the fire, a partially burnt gas cylinder, regulator and pipe were also found.

Related News