Boy electrocuted: FIR against PMC engineer

Boy electrocuted: FIR against PMC engineer
Saturday, 25 August 2018

According to police, the boy was playing on the footpath along the service road of the Pune-Bengaluru Highway. He fell due to an electric shock after he came in contact with the pole. He was rushed to a hospital but died. 

PUNE: An FIR has been registered against the engineer (electrical) of the PMC for allegedly causing death due to negligence, of a 12-year-old boy in Warje on August 18. The boy had died of electrocution after he came in contact with an electric pole. 

The deceased, Prithviraj Chavan, a resident of Warje Malwadi, was cycling when the incident took place opposite Swaraj Snack Centre.

According to police, the boy was playing on the footpath along the service road of the Pune-Bengaluru Highway. He fell due to an electric shock after he came in contact with the pole. He was rushed to a hospital but died. 

The Warje Malwadi police station issued a letter to Electric Inspector, MSEB, Dahanukar Colony, seeking their response about the incident. However, MSEB clarified that the pole (for street light) is managed by the PMC. Accordingly, the police have booked PMC engineer (electrical) for offence under 304a (causing death due to negligence), 34 (common intention) of the IPC. The boy’s father Vishal Vithal Chavan (38) has lodged the complaint. Police Sub-Inspector GB Mane is further investigating the case.

Related News