Boy dies after pest control work at home

ST Correspondent
Thursday, 27 September 2018

A nine-year-old boy Sarthak, who reported symptoms of loose motions after pest control was carried out at his home by his father in a society at Anandnagar on Sinhagad Road died on Monday evening.

Pune: A nine-year-old boy Sarthak, who reported symptoms of loose motions after pest control was carried out at his home by his father in a society at Anandnagar on Sinhagad Road died on Monday evening. 

The police said the boy’s father Sandeep Dongre works in a pest control department. He sprayed the pesticide for killing bed bugs at his home on Sunday evening. Later, they had dinner at a hotel and took some ‘bhel’ to eat at home. Later Sarthak was unwell and was rushed to a hospital where he later succumbed. On Monday Sandeep, his wife and Sarthak’s brother also reported similar symptoms. The police have seized the samples of ‘bhel’ from Sandeep’s home. 

Related News