Around 20 people saved in fire incident in Kothrud

ST Correspondent
Monday, 30 April 2018

Pune: In an act of valour, the firefighters of Erandwane fire station rescued around 20 residents, including an 84-year-old woman, from a three-storey building, Tarangan society, in Kothrud. The fire incident happened on Monday afternoon.

A fire broke out in the building due to a short circuit in the electric meter located in the basement of the building. The entire building was then engulfed in smoke. The fire fighters immediately rushed to the spot after they were informed about the smoke emanating from the building.

Pune: In an act of valour, the firefighters of Erandwane fire station rescued around 20 residents, including an 84-year-old woman, from a three-storey building, Tarangan society, in Kothrud. The fire incident happened on Monday afternoon.

A fire broke out in the building due to a short circuit in the electric meter located in the basement of the building. The entire building was then engulfed in smoke. The fire fighters immediately rushed to the spot after they were informed about the smoke emanating from the building.

While some of the firefighters were busy dousing the fire, others continued evacuating the residents. No casualties were reported in the incident.

Firefighters Gyaneshwar Khede, Kishore Bane, Kondiba Jhore, Pravin Randive, Hemant Kamble, Shubham Golhar and Rakesh Naiknavare carried out the operation.

Related News