AISSMS, IPCA hold mosquito awareness seminar for students 

ST Correspondent
Monday, 27 August 2018

Indian Pest Control Association (IPCA), along with All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society (AISSMS) organised a free mosquito awareness seminar for college students under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan recently.

Pune: “As 80 per cent of the mosquito life cycle gets completed in water and only remaining 20 per cent are adult mosquitoes that are actually responsible for spread of diseases like dengue and malaria, we must make sure that we destroy all possible mosquito breeding sites in and around homes,” said experts from the pest control sector.  

Indian Pest Control Association (IPCA), along with All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society (AISSMS) organised a free mosquito awareness seminar for college students under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan recently. Experts from the pest control sector spoke about different pests and hazards about the wrong use of pesticides. 

Global Pest Management Coalition and Bayer Cropscience Limited helped in the organisation of the programmes.

In the seminar, Jitendra Gawade, Senior Manager, training and innovation, Bayer Cropscience Limited, explained the life cycle, characteristics and diseases spread by different mosquito species.

Raju Parulkar, immediate past president of IPCA talked about the right use of pesticides.

“It is important that fogging is done at the right time of the day. Fogging in the early morning before sunrise and evening helps to reduce the mosquito population,” emphasised Parulkar. 

IPCA has commenced a ‘Mosquito Vector Public Awareness’ initiative starting from the city of Mumbai since last year. Subsequently, this campaign will be carried out across various cities in India, spreading valuable information on safeguarding against deadly vector diseases caused by mosquitoes.

Related News