‘We will vacate and safeguard bulk land above 1 acre from encroachments’

Sakal Times
Wednesday, 5 July 2017

The Pimpri Chinchwad New Town Development Authority (PCNTDA) is demolishing unauthorised constructions on the reserved land for High Capacity Mass Transit Road (HCMTR) and ring road. The locals are protesting against the demolition. Chief Executive Officer of PCNTDA Satish Khadke spoke to Sakal Times about the ongoing action and PCNTDA’s stand on the issue and other projects.

The Pimpri Chinchwad New Town Development Authority (PCNTDA) is demolishing unauthorised constructions on the reserved land for High Capacity Mass Transit Road (HCMTR) and ring road. The locals are protesting against the demolition. Chief Executive Officer of PCNTDA Satish Khadke spoke to Sakal Times about the ongoing action and PCNTDA’s stand on the issue and other projects.

Why the PCNTDA has suddenly started action against unauthorised constructions?
Around 75 per cent of HCMTR demarcation is free from encroachments. The PCMC will start work of the project in the remaining 25 per cent HCMTR connecting Rahatani and Kokane Chowk, which was cleared. It was not a sudden action and residents were fully aware about this. We had issued them notices well in advance. This is a part of our plan to vacate bulk lands belonging to PCNTDA reserved for public amenities.

People from Walhekarwadi area are protesting against the PCNTDA plan to survey properties in these areas. What exactly is your plan?
As per PCNTDA’s plan to remove unauthorised constructions from the roads and reservations in the Development Plan, we have undertaken a survey of that area. A few commercial properties along the side of the railway track have been issued notices. We do not have any plan to take action in the rainy season against any of these constructions. However, we plan to vacate and safeguard a bulk land above one acre from encroachments in the near future.

There are talks that PCNTDA’s ambitious project, the Pune International Convention Centre, has been scrapped.
The project has not been officially scrapped. The PCNTDA is committed to complete the project. The work of the project has not been undertaken as there was arbitration with the consultant of the project. A final order in the arbitration is expected soon. Once it is decided by the arbitration authority, further steps will be taken for undertaking the project. Meanwhile, we are going to undertake levelling of the land and build a fence around it.

Why big housing projects of PCNTDA have not taken off yet?
The PCNTDA is going to undertake a big housing project at sector 12 in Moshi. We are in process for the appointment of consultant for the same. A project of 792 housing units has already started. Since the contractor of the project failed to execute the plan at the expected pace, the PCNTDA has imposed a fine of Rs 4,000 per day. We are planning to undertake the EWS project on small plots belonging to the authority.

Is there any infrastructure project that PCNTDA has undertaken currently?
The PCMC is working on a flyover project at Sai Chowk on the Sangvi-Kivale Road. Except that there is no other flyover project. The PCNTDA is working on three parks. Besides, it has planned to construct the Bhosari District Centre in Moshi Pradhikaran.

 

Related News