Mumbai/Visakhapatnam (Vizag): DCF Ventures will partner with Andhra Pradesh Electronics & IT Agency (APEITA), a Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP) subsidiary, in the US$ 1 Million Fintech Challenge, as a part of the Vizag Fintech Festival. This will be Fintech Valley Vizag’s first global event and will be held between October 22 and 26.
DCF Ventures, the Challenge Partners for the event, will be involved in designing, planning and implementation of the challenge in multiple countries. As the global Challenge Partner, DCF Ventures will conduct national and international roadshows to scout tech-enabled start-ups for the event in the following global locations — Tel Aviv (Israel), London (UK), Paris (France), Berlin (Germany), Singapore, Hong Kong and Bengaluru.
Start-ups from the tracks — Fintech, Agritech and Emergetech — are invited to apply for the Challenge. There is no registration cost. Applicants can register online after reading the terms and conditions on either of the domains — vizagfintechfestival.com or vizagchallenge.com or dcfventures.in.
About $1M Challenge
Fintech Valley Vizag is a part of GoAP’s endeavour to transform the state into a globally competitive haven, providing solutions to the state’s citizens and industries that are spread across various verticals.
$1M Fintech Challenge is a part of ‘Vizag Fintech Festival’ (to be held between October 22 and 26) that enables start-ups to showcase their solutions in the Fintech, Agritech and Emergetech tracks. The start-ups stand a chance to win a million-dollar funding and assistance in setting up their office in Vizag. Their submissions will be screened and evaluated by judges in a transparent and comprehensive process.
The winners will be announced on October 25, 2018 and the awards ceremony will be held in the same festival on the following day i.e. October 26. The winner of each track will be awarded US$ 150,000 and the second prize is US$ 100,000. Also, 25 other shortlisted finalists from the global roadshows will be granted US$ 10,000 each.
A five-minute video featuring the finalist or winner will be uploaded online for public viewing, along with an opportunity to exhibit the idea in the Startup Expo in the Vizag Fintech Festival.
For more details,
More about Vizag Fintech Festival
- Fintech Valley Vizag is hosting $1M Challenge through Vizag Fintech Festival, at Vizag between October 22 and 26.
- Start-ups from the tracks of FinTech, AgriTech and EmergeTech stand a chance to win a million-dollar funding and assistance to set up their office in Visakhapatnam (also known as Vizag).
- DCF Ventures will be the Fintech Challenge Partner in Europe, Middle East, Asia and India for the event.
- As a part of the initiative, DCF ventures will conduct national and international roadshows to scout start-ups for the event across the geographies.
- Dates for the roadshows: Tel Aviv on September 16, Hong Kong on September 27, Paris on October 3, London on October 5 and Bengaluru on October 10.
About DCF Ventures:
DCF Ventures is a one-stop destination for responsible entrepreneurs. A part of the AP Globale Group, DCF Ventures partners businesses on innovations and operates in the spheres of:
- Connecting relevant global start-ups with Indian corporations looking at innovation.
- Running and executing corporate innovation programmes both within India and internationally.
- Innovation consulting for corporations and governments.
- Start-up enablement platform for early stage companies.
- Launching pad for global start-ups that want to enter the Indian ecosystem.
- DCF Ventures has access to over 90,000 start-ups across the verticals of fintech, technology, smart city, IOT, energy and agriculture.